Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Forwards: A way of life

In the last one year or so I have received at least 200 forwards. Most of them have bought me great luck, have completely transformed my love life, granted me all my wishes within a specified period of time and given me surprises which have been good and bad. They have shown me that I am lucky and that passing on the forwards would thrust me into a land of unprecedented luck, a system of good luck that man has never known. Destiny as a concept of existence has been limited and orchestrated by the forwarding of mails. A lot of them I did pass on..... and on and on.... but no life is as it was when I was born way back in 1988.

Nothing at least for me has changed other than the fact whenever I visit my mailbox there is a new lot of mail waiting to bring me more luck. In fact all that has come of it is that all of my friends have stopped mailing me and whenever I see their name flashing ever so gleefully in my inbox its got FWD in its subject. Its almost become routine now... everybody is doing it but does that in itself mean that whatever it is, is the next best thing after electricity that happened to man. hell no! I say if at all the so called 'luck' has to be fondled or twitched around...we must; and I repeat MUST do something about our luck ourselves.

I heard some wise guy say the other day "Man is the maker of his own destiny" Well, I added that womenfolk are also able enough and hence I wonder where is the question of sick forwards shaping our well dreamt tomorrows... its a culture, a culture that I do not subscribe to. I have wasted enough time on excercising my eyes over words that serve no material or ethical cause to man.

What needs to be done is action and I demand of the readers to take that step, to wake up and smell the coffee, to stop forwarding mails... Because AOL is never going to pay 10 cents for any forward. And that my dear friend will NOT bring good luck to you and a better future for u however...it may spray upon you that extra minuite everyday which u can use to maybe smile or look at your loved one. Maybe what I personally want you to do is to wonder in that minuite once everyday... to look around today's world and wonder in that minuite... wonder what William Wordsworth wondered a long time back... Somewhat unrelated from my present discussion...
"What man has made of man!" And if u guys are wondering what exactly made me so sceptical and suddenly philosophical... NOTHING...I am just your average law student too bugged with his inbox cluttered with forwards and friends robbed by forwards.

AND DO NOT forward IT ANYWHERE BECAUSE IT WILL BRING VERY BAD LUCK TO U IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!!!!

1 comment:

Tushar said...

The best way to deal with forwarding buggers is to reply with a nice sweet hate mail!